JNGL Example Project
Starts a JNGL game without any logic and just renders a black screen.
Clone this folder and open it in VS Code. If it’s the first time you develop C++/JNGL you have to install the dependencies documented in the JNGL GitHub page. After setting up everything you only have to press F5 and the project will be built and started.
Windows Development with Visual Studio
For development on Windows you need to install:
Steps to build your first JNGL Game:
- Press the “Use this Template” Button and create your own repo.
- Clone the new repository with GitHub Desktop or on the console with
git clone --recurse-submodules.
- Then open a console in your local project folder and run
cmake -Bbuild -DFETCHCONTENT_QUIET=0, it will take a while and create a
- In the
buildfolder there is now a
jnglexample.slnwhich you can open with Visual Studio.
- In the solution explorer in Visual Studio you have to right click
Set as Startup Project.
- Now you can press Debug or F5 to run your project.
- Have fun!