Open Swoole is a programmatic server for PHP with async IO, coroutines and fibers: secure, reliable, high performance
- Website: https://openswoole.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/openswoole
- Slack: https://goo.gl/forms/wooTTDmhbu30x4qC3
- Discord: https://discord.gg/5QC57RNPpw
- IDE Helper: https://github.com/openswoole/ide-helper
Documentation for Open Swoole can be found on the Open Swoole website.
Open Swoole always provides the most reliable stability and the most powerful features in the latest released version. Please ensure as much as possible that you are using the latest version.
1. Install or upgrade Open Swoole from multiple distribution channels
Please check Open Swoole Installation Guide about how to install Open Swoole on Ubuntu/CentOS/Windows WSL from Docker, PECL or Binary releases channels.
2. Compile from source
- Linux, OS X or Cygwin, WSL
- PHP 7.2.0 or later (The higher the version, the better the performance.)
- GCC 4.8 or later
Download the source packages from Releases or:
git clone https://github.com/openswoole/swoole-src.git && \ cd swoole-src git checkout v4.9.1 phpize && \ ./configure && \ make && make install
./configure --enable-openssl --enable-sockets
--enable-mysqlnd(need mysqlnd, it just for supporting
Enable Open Swoole extension
After compiling and installing the openswoole extension, you have to add a new line
extension=openswoole.so at the end of
php.ini or create a ini file at
conf.d folder to enable Open Swoole. It is recommended to be added after all the other extensions because openswoole may depend on extensions: sockets, mysqlnd, curl etc.
Frameworks & Components
PR are welcome if your framework is using openswoole
- Laravel Octane Laravel Octane supercharges your application’s performance by serving your application using high-powered application servers.
- PHP Runtime make it easy to run any kind of PHP Application (Symfony, Laravel, PSR7, Native) with all kinds of Runtimes like OpenSwoole, Bref, Google Cloud Functions, Roadrunner and React PHP with minimal configuration.
- Mezzio Swoole allows you to run Mezzio and PSR-15 applications on Open Swoole.
Call for Contributors
If you like to involve the maintenance of this repo, it is better to get started by submitting PR, you will be invited to the dev group once there are significant contributions. Or join Slack group firstly, the team will provide mentoring and internal support to help you get started.
- Report issues and feedback
- Submit fixes, features via Pull Request
This project exists thanks to all the historical [Contributors].
Security issues should be reported privately, via email, to the Open Swoole develop team [email protected]. You should receive a response within 24 hours. If for some reason you do not, please follow up via email to ensure we received your original message.
Open Swoole is open-sourced software licensed under the Apache 2.0 license.