lucidgloves- Firmware and 3D Print Files
This repo contains the arduino firmware as well as the STL files for Prototypes 3 through 4 of the LucidVR glove. This is a finger tracking glove that allows you to use your hands in VR. Follow along with Lucas_VRTech’s developments on his Tiktok page:
Join the LucidVR discord server for assistance:
Open the firmware files located in the firmware/lucidgloves-firmware folder.
By default the firmware is configured for an arduino nano using serial.
To configure the firmware, change the defines in the lucidgloves-firmware.ino file.
Configuration instructions are here: Configuration Instructions.
* Arduino Nano * ESP-WROOM-32
Supported Communication Methods:
* USB Serial * Bluetooth Serial (On ESP32 boards) * BLE (Soon, not up yet)
STL files for 3D printing are located in the hardware folder.
Prototype 4 models are currently experimental
The assembly for each hand is as follows:
For Prototypes 3 and 3.1 –
- Spool (5x)
- Tensioner (5x)
- Cover (5x)
- Holder (5x)
- GuideRing(Will need to be resized) OR GuideNode(3.1) (2+ per finger, 1+ for thumb)
- EndCap (1x per finger, will need to be resized to fit)
For Prototype 4 –
- HapticSpool (5x)
- Tensioner_GreenPot (5x) OR Tensioner_WLPot (5x)
- SpoolCover (5x)
- RigidMount (2x) (One for each hand, make sure to flip for other hand)
- WLPotSlideHolder OR WLPotElasticHolder OR GreenPotSlideHolder (5x)
- Quest2_MountSlider OR Vive3.0_MountSlider (2x)
- GuideRing (Proto 3) (Will need to be resized) OR GuideNode (Proto 3.1) (2+ per finger, 1+ for thumb)
- EndCap (Proto 3) (1x per finger, will need to be resized to fit)
Guide for printing parts: Printing guide
Required parts for each hand: Parts Lists
- Joysticks for locomotion
- will be making a DIY treadmill eventually as well for those who would prefer that
- Buttons (Most can be replaced with gestures) (One is required for autocalibration)
More information will be available on the LucidVR site very soon.
- Prototype 3/3.1 Building Tutorial
- Prototype 4 Tutorial to come out in the future
SteamVR Compatibility (OpenGloves)
This project uses the OpenGloves OpenVR driver for compatibility with SteamVR, which is downloadable on Steam:
Source code available on GitHub: