Infection Control Bed
- Spread of COVID-19 occurs via airborne parricels and droplets.
- People who are infected with COVID an release particles and droplets of respiratory fluids that contain the SARS CoV-2 virus into the air when they exhale.
- The problem is that a person can be exposed by an infected person coughing or speaking near them.
- They can also be exposed by inhaling aerosol particles that are spreading away from the infected person.
- Transmission of COVID-19 from inhalation of virus in the air can occur at distances greater than six feet (182.88 cm ~ 180 cm)
- This project will help in reducing rates of infection of the coronavirus through the following steps:
- The patient’s bed is surrounded by two ultrasonic sensors from the right and the left directions
- If at least one ultrasonic sesnor detected a minumimum distance of 10cm between the patient’s bed and the nearest person in the room an LED at the same direction will light up
- Furthermore, once an LED lights up, the buzzer (piezo speaker) will send a sound signal of 2500Hz for half a second until the distance increases.
~ P.S: a scale of 18cm-to-1cm was used while taking measurements for the prototype.
- Amir Hesham Khalil
- Ali Tarek Atef
- Ali Sherif Badran
- Youssef Ashraf Mohamed
- Hesham Tamer Mohamed
- Muhannad Abdallah Abdallah